Here is a little about me . . .
I have had the good fortune to do some very interesting things in my life!
- I was raised on a small town farm in a poor southern state.
- At 19 I entered the United States Navy. After training I served in a light attack bomber squadron attached to an aircraft carrier. My expertise was electronics. I worked on navigational and weapon delivery systems. For the last year of my service I was a Flight Deck Troubleshooter. In that role I did final checks to make sure the aircraft was ready to fly and I participated in the launch & recovery processes. At sea I worked at least 12 hour shifts, 7 days a week. If airplanes were flying, I was working.
- I have visited amazing places and seen remarkable things. I’ve seen the changing of the guard at both Buckingham Palace in London and at the Tomb of the Unknowns in Washington DC. I have participated in the Highland Games in Scotland. I crossed the equator and became a “Shellback,” a longstanding Navy tradition. I have both launched from and landed on an aircraft carrier. I’ve gone through the Suez Canal 3 times. I’ve been to Puerto Rico, The Bahamas, The US Virgin Islands, Greece, England, Scotland (Amazing), Ireland, Italy, Spain (my favorite), Venezuela, Sri Lanka and Kenya, where I got a nasty bug that just about took my life. Back home I trained in Florida, Memphis, Nevada, and Norfolk.
- The Navy changed my life in many ways. I grew up while in the Navy, but more importantly, I grew well there. Coming from a broken and violent home, I found comfort within the structured environment. I acquired new skills, became more responsible and learned what it really means to be part of a team. I was exposed to diversity, (for the first time in my life), challenges, constant change, and yes there were adventures. It wasn’t all good . . . I was tested, sickened, Injured, and ultimately permanently disabled. Still, I cherish the memories and I have absolutely no regrets.
- After the Navy I started a family and owned 3 successful businesses. Then came the stresses of corporate America, where I served in various leadership roles, including VP of Operations of a national company you would certainly recognize.
- That brings us to now . . . I am retired, a political junkie, and a frustrated Liberal Democrat that simply can’t accept that Donald J. Trump was elected as the 45th President of the United States of America. I write as a hobby and as a way to try and contribute to our society. My mission is to not only resist those that would damage our republic, (we are technically not a democracy), but to model for others how we should communicate and how we should treat each other. I’ll admit, there are times when I fail miserably, but I keep trying!
- I certainly don’t expect you to agree with everything I say, and I’m not offended in the least when you challenge my points of view. All I ask is that you challenge me with specifics, logic, and facts. Rhetoric, lies, and half-truths are not only aggravating, they are also a total waste of everyone’s time.
- Welcome! Please feel free to leave comments and to share any post that you find of value. Your participation is the measure of my success!